Key Features of Compound Term Processing
Compound term processing technology is an adaptive and scalable technology platform that enables the identification and the correct weighting of concepts in unstructured text, affording the rapid creation of multi-term, conceptual metadata, which can be classified to organizationally defined taxonomies. The tagging and auto-classification of content can be aligned to business goals and the metadata generated can be easily integrated with any third party application or platform that can interface via web services.
- Eliminates end user intervention in the tagging and processing of content
- Industry unique ability to generate complex multi-term metadata, not based on phrases, proximity, keywords, or pre-configured taxonomies
- Statistical not semantic therefore highly scalable, adaptive, and highly performant
- Improves search precision with no loss of recall – unique in the market
- Does not require complex rules, document training sets for each term, is not based on linguistics, and the grammatical style of content is irrelevant
- High degree of accuracy and consistency when using automated query expansion
Key Benefits of Compound Term Processing
The multi-term metadata is a key component of the enterprise metadata framework. Coupled with auto-classification and taxonomy tools results in reduced risk and addresses information governance and compliance. Compound term processing addresses information complexity, and can effectively increase information transparency and provide the ability to manage content, regardless of where it resides. By providing immediate and actionable visibility to all relevant content, decision making can be improved, risk minimized, and costs reduced. The optimal result is an enterprise metadata repository containing a rich set of intelligent metadata that reflects the unique terminology and vocabulary of the organization.
- Reduces productivity drain through elimination of manual tagging content and automating processes
- Reduces organizational risk as relevant and accurate information can be accessed on demand
- Provides an enterprise metadata framework available to all applications eliminating the option to purchase separate application solutions reducing costs, implementation, and training
- Reduces risk through automation of processes and enforcing policies across the enterprise, improves productivity and accuracy of information
- Improves decision making, identifies risk and opportunities through information transparency
There are no reviews yet.